First things first: I need to preface this with a few important notes.
I encourage people of ALL sizes to be active, happy, and whatever their unique version of “healthy” may be. Exercise is not about weight loss. Exercise is not about punishing yourself or “counteracting” food you eat. Exercise is not a method of imposing self-guilt. Exercise is a powerful tool that can create incredible self-positivity and improve overall well-being, and it belongs to people of all sizes.
Not long ago, I wore a women’s size 3X. I was often told that exercise was not for “a woman of my size”, nor was it socially acceptable to exercise where people could see me. The concept that “women of my size” were not entitled to cute workout gear, not welcome in fitness settings, and even obligated to exercise in private were ingrained into my psyche. When I finally got brave and began to exercise simply for the sake of feeling good in my body, it was like discovering a whole new world of strength, speed and ability that I never imagined I’d be capable of.
I practice Health At Every Size. I believe that if you are happy and comfortable in your body, you are not obligated to conform to arbitrary weight standards if you do not feel it is right for you. I believe that people of all body sizes and types own the right to get out there and move around in any way that makes you feel good - it doesn’t have to be about losing weight! Just because a woman doesn’t happen to fit into somewhere between size XS and size L doesn’t mean she can’t be happy, healthy, active AND cute as hell!
ITEMS (retail value ~$500) :
- One pair of size 8.5 Nike Dual Fusion crosstrainers.
- A Fitbit Zip! For those of you unfamiliar with Fitbit, it’s a cute little pedometer-type device that syncs to smartphone via Bluetooth. Through the app, you can set things like custom daily and weekly step goals, distance goals, and flights of stairs to climb. It tracks your sleep and can offer little words of encouragement! (There is also a calorie burn meter option. I disable mine, but to each their own) Fitbit is a positive and fun way to get up and move around, whatever that might mean to you.
- One ALO black/grey zip-up track jacket, size 2X.
- One Under Armour ColdBlack line pink running shirt, size XL (loose cut - will fit a range of sizes).
- One workout tank reading “Eat Clean, Train Dirty” in size XL (loose cut - will fit a range of sizes). **If the winner is uncomfortable with this slogan, I will gladly omit it from the shipment.**
- One pair of grey/green Old Navy Active compression capri leggings, size 2X.
- Two pairs of Champion running shorts, one purple, one pink, both size 2X.
- One Champion high-impact compression sports bra, size XL.
- One small Nike gym bag.
- One pair of white Valeo mesh fitness gloves.
- One purple Nike gym towel.
- Three pairs of cushioned Nike training socks.
- One 1lb bag of Dymatize Elite Fusion protein powder, chocolate flavor. Fuel those muscles! :)
- One box of 12 Rise Bar Crunchy Cashew Almond breakfast bars (gluten, dairy, and soy free)
- One U-Band reflective fitness armband for phone. Fits all sizes.
- One pair of Sony in-ear Bass Boost earbuds.
- One 750mL Nathan water bottle.
- Pack of three Under Armour active headbands.
- Must be following me at The Dragonfly Warrior - I will check!
- Reblog for an entry, no limits on reblogs.
- Technically I cannot exclude anyone from entering. However, I kindly ask that you please keep in mind whether or not you need/can use these items. If you are entering on behalf of someone else, just add a note in your reblog!
- If you’re reblogging from a secondary blog, it’s okay to follow from your primary and add a note about it in your reblog.
- Healthy blogs only. Doesn’t have to be a fitness blog, but ABSOLUTELY NO pro-ED, self-harm, body hate etc.
- I will use a random generator to pick a winner on May 1. Reblog before the end of April for a chance to win!
- I will ship to the US and Canada for free. If you live somewhere else, I’ll still send it to ya if you can Paypal me some shipping cash.
Whether this stuff goes to someone already happy in her own body or someone just beginning a positive journey to health, help me get this stuff out there! <3
I’m still too fat for any of this. Hopefully a follower will reblog and win.